If you do not have the Battery Service Kit on hand, you may order it here.
Once you have your the new Battery Kit, please read carefully and follow the instructions step by step to replace the battery:
Your battery service kit contains the following:
2. Unscrew the cover anti-clockwise.
3. Remove the outer case. The sensor cone, board and battery can now be lifted from the base and placed in a dry and dust free area.
4. Turn the board to show the battery
Do not disconnect the board from the sensor
5. Carefully unplug the battery cable from the board
6. Cut the zip tie with a pair of scissors and remove. Please make sure the ends of the scissors do not touch the board.
7. Hold the board firmly on the edges (do not touch any components on the board), and slowly detach the old battery from the double-sided tape. Please be careful not to twist the board when doing so.
8. Leave a 3-5 mm gap between the bottom of the battery and the power socket. Ensure the battery is positioned so that the cable is long enough to be plugged in. Attach the new battery to the double-sided tape on the board and plug the cable into the battery socket.
9. Tie the battery with the new zip tie. Please make sure the zip tie goes through the notches on the edges of the board. The zip tie ratchet should be at the other side of the board. The power cable of the battery should also go under the zip tie so that it's restrained properly.
10. Cut off the extra bit of the zip tie.
If you have separated the daughter board from the main board, please make sure that the boards and the sensor are connected properly BEFORE plugging in the battery.
The board should be firmly inserted with no gaps between the metal board pins and the black plug.
11. Plug the power cable back into the board.
12. (Optional) Replace the O-ring if necessary.
13. Place the sensor and board back into the base. Slide the cover over the board, the logo is positioned at the front while the back of the cover is over the battery.
14. Hold the base and carefully screw in the cover back until tight.
15. Before leaving the installation site, it is important to connect the sensor with the mobile app and check if the sensor is reading measurements properly.
16. Please notify Waterwatch Support or your reseller contact so that your battery level can be reset on Waterwatch Live.